Adams County Company 11 - York County Station 112

P.O. Box 670

101 East Locust Street
East Berlin, PA 17316
Phone (717) 259-7125

Fax (717) 259=9939

History

Original Liberty Firehouse

The Original Liberty Firehouse:  Built in 1892, and maintained by the East Berlin Historical Preservation Society, this landmark is on Fourth Street in the Borough of East Berlin.

1926 Alongside 1991

The Old Meets the New:  1926 American LaFrance Brockway (affectionately known as "Grandma") alongside Engine 11-1, a 1991 American LaFrance Century 2000.

1961 Engine

1961 American LaFrance Engine:  Ready for action in this photo from the late '60s.

History of Liberty Fire Company No. 1 - East Berlin, PA.

The first information regarding a local fire company was found in the minutes of the East Berlin Borough Council, dating back to the late 1800s.  In 1887, a motion to purchase a steam fire engine was later tabled indefinitely.  In 1892,  a motion was made by the East Berlin Borough Council to purchase the town's first engine.  After purchasing land on Fourth Street, the first fire station was constructed.

On December 21, 1896 a meeting was held for the purpose of reorganizing the fire company under the name of Liberty Fire Company No. 1 of East Berlin, Pennsylvania.  Nothing can be found in the Borough Minutes or in Fire Company records as to how the name Liberty Fire Company No. 1 was decided upon.  The records are too incomplete between 1892-1896 to make a determination.

Since 1896, Liberty Fire Company No. 1 has been serving East Berlin and neighboring jurisdictions.  It is our privilege to be able to serve the community.

Liberty Firehouse Circa 1990s

All Lined Up:  Our fleet in front of the present-day firehouse, circa 1990s.

Engines in 2007 Memorial Day Parade

Memorial Day Parade:  "Grandma" leads the pack.